Sunday, 4 May 2008

Potrero de San Martin Land Grant

"SAN MARTIN" land grant is also referred to as "Potrero de San Martin." 27,289.5 acres, Cameron County; Abstract C-6. This grant was granted to Jose Ygnacio Trevino by Mexico, 1827. Manuel Trevino applies for the estate of his father, Ygnacio Trevino, for five and one-half leagues of land originally granted by the State of Tamaulipas. Witnesses prove occupation and pasturage and judicial possession since 1810.
[Source: Guide to Spanish and Mexican Land Grants in South Texas, Texas General Land Office.] For more information visit website

No comments: